This recipe is the perfect comfort food. It’s quick and easy to make. The Peanut Butter Coated Mushrooms are creamy and full of flavor. Make this as a side dish or add some beans/tofu for some added protein and turn this into a main dish.
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 2 – 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3/4 – 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 lb Whole Mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 2 Tbsp Chickpea Flour (for thickening)
- Splash of soy sauce, optional
- Grape seed oil for frying
- Heat up the oil on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 more minutes. Now would be a good time to add a splash of soy sauce.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the peanut butter and stir until well combined. Simmer for a few minutes to allow flavors to co-mingle.
- Sprinkle chickpea flour and blend in until desired thickness.
- Serve over rice.
Thanks for coming around to TrueCanadian.ca! Be sure to check out our Home page for the latest vegan recipes and plant-based tips! Sign up below for awesome recipes and articles right to your in-box and of course, share freely!