Here’s our take on a low-carb version of a falafel wrap… a falafel salad! Back-inspired by the wrap, we see no reason a salad can’t be finger food as well. Crispy, saucy, great on a hot day… and of course, vegan!
Prep / Cook Time: 5 – 20 minutes (depending if your falafel is cooked)
Serves: As many as you want
- 4 falafel per person
- Purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp tahini or tahina
- 1.5 tbsp virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp fresh parsley
- Cut pieces of purple cabbage slightly bigger than your falafel
- Dice tomato, slice cucumber and quarter pickles than cut in half
- Place cooked falafel on cabbage, sprinkle diced tomatoes and top with pickles
- Garnish plate with cucumbers and drizzle with dressing
Notes: Goes amazing with hot sauce or pickled turnips. Feel free to add or subtract veggies of your choice.
Thanks for coming around to TrueCanadian.ca! Be sure to check out our Home page for the latest vegan recipes and plant-based tips! Sign up below for awesome recipes and articles right to your in-box and of course, share freely!